The best part about this recipe is that it calls for ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! All you need is a few eggs, sugar, cocoa powder. The recipe is also very flexible, so feel free to add some more to make it your own.
This chocolate pie is decadent, rich, and fudgy. It’s so delicious that you’ll have a hard time eating just one slice!
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 ” pre-baked pie shell
- In a pot over medium-high heat, combine cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks, sugar, and salt, then gradually add milk while stirring.
- Cook until the sauce is thick and smooth, stirring regularly.
- Mix in the vanilla extract while stirring. Cream pies need time to thicken, so stir… then stir some more (10 to 15 minutes).
- Using a heavy-bottomed pan is quite beneficial. Just keep going until the mixture thickens. Fill a pre-baked pie shell with the mixture.
- Before serving, refrigerate for several hours in the refrigerator.
- If desired, top with whipped cream, cool whip, or a baked meringue.