I’ll be the first to admit that fruit salad is usually seen as a starter salad on most menus. It’s not something we think of as the main event, but that’s about to change. This refreshing recipe uses old-fashioned methods for success and features fresh fruits, honey, and citrus in what turns out to be a winning combination.
- 6 oz. raspberries
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 c. grapes
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 orange, peeled and wedges cut in half
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c. honey
- Cut the strawberry, kiwi, orange, apple, and mango then pour them into a large bowl and add the berries and grapes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, orange juice, and lemon peel. Add to fruits, pour over the sauce, and toss gently to combine.
- Chill until ready to serve.