This breakfast recipe for farmer’s casserole is highly popular. This is the recipe to serve when your house is full of your friends or family. You may also freeze it and bake it anytime you want.
Hash browns, eggs, cheese, smoked turkey, green onions, and evaporated milk are all used in this farmer’s dish. To make a great breakfast casserole, everything is baked together.
- 6 cups frozen, shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups diced, smoked turkey
- 1½ cups shredded Cheese
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Two cans of milk ( 12 ounces )
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Grease a baking dish and set it aside.
- At the bottom of the dish, equally, distribute the potatoes. Cheese, smoked turkey, and green onion is sprinkled over top.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large mixing basin.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potato mixture in the casserole dish.
- You can now cover and refrigerate the mixture until ready to bake (several hours or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F when ready to bake. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, uncovered, or until the middle appears set.
- Allow for a 5-minute rest before serving. If baked after the casserole has been cooled, the baking time should be increased to 1 hour and 30 minutes.