Easy Goulash Recipe
When it’s cold and blustery outside, there is nothing more comforting than a warm, delicious goulash plate. This homemade goulash recipe combines the comforting flavors of tomato sauce, ground beef, and pasta all in one bowl. The best part? It takes just 30 minutes from start to finish to make!
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 2 lbs. ground beef, lean
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15 Oz)
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (15 Oz)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Cook until the steak is no longer pink, add the onion, bell pepper, and ground beef.
- Return the pot to the stovetop after draining any excess fat. Stir in the garlic until it is aromatic (about 30 seconds).
- Place the tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and dried macaroni noodles in a large mixing bowl.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to low heat and cook, stirring periodically, for about 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves immediately before serving and toss in the cheddar cheese.