Dark Chocolate Almond Joy Candy Bars
These Coconut Almond Joy Bars are for all of us coconut lovers out there. If you love all things coconut, then you’ll love these individual portions bars. They are simply delectable and with a great combination of almond and coconut, it’s irresistible
These keto coconut bars are a no-bake sugar-free dessert that only takes 7 ingredients to prepare.
- 14 whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Chocolate Coating
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 1-ounce cocoa butter or coconut oil
- Using parchment or waxed paper, line a baking sheet.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking continually, for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the cream begins to thicken, after adding the sweetness.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the shredded coconut as well as the almond extract. Allow 15 minutes for the mixture to cool.
- Scoop roughly 1 tbsp of the mixture onto the baking sheet that has been prepared. (I created a total of 14 molds). Wet your fingers and make oval or egg shapes with them.
- One almond should be pressed on top of a simple coconut bar. To gently harden them, place them in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and cocoa butter in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring every 30 seconds. Melt until completely smooth and integrated.
- Dip each coconut bar into the melted chocolate after it has hardened. To completely cover the bars in chocolate, use toothpicks or two forks. Remove any excess chocolate with care.
- Place the chocolate bar on the baking sheet and continue with the remaining bars.
- To set the chocolate coating, place it in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.