Everyone needs a homemade macaroni and cheese recipe, and this recipe is easy to make, tastes great, and makes super creamy macaroni and cheese.
- 8 oz shredded Kraft Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 1/2 c divided milk (I used 2%)
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 pound diced Velveta cheese (1/2 inch size)
- 8 ounces shredded Kraft cheddar cheese (about 2 cups), divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until cooked but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt velveta cheese over low heat with ½ cup milk until melted (stir often).
- Pour the melted cheese sauce over the pasta and stir.
- Add butter, half a cup of milk, eggs, a cup of grated cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and transfer to a 2-liter oven tray.
- Pour the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until the top crust is golden and the casserole is bubbling (about 25 minutes).
- Serve hot