Great for a weeknight dinner, this recipe requires very little active work.
- 1 chicken thigh (leave the skin and bone in place)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (if you like fish sauce, use
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp neutral cooking oil
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients (soy sauce, Worcestershire, sugar, ginger, hot garlic sauce, lime juice, garlic, and oil).
- Pour into a zip-top bag and add the chicken. Close the bag and shake it to cover the chicken. Let that sit for half an hour, or up to four hours (in the refrigerator).
- About fifteen minutes before you are ready to cook, remove the tray from the roasting oven and line it with foil. Then preheat the roasting oven to 425 degrees. Also, take the chicken out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature.
- Remove chicken from bag and place on a wire rack, skin up, then rack on the lined roasting pan.
This will reduce brushing a bit and help prevent the chicken from getting wet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for five minutes. Garnish with lemon.