Cherry Pie Bars For A Crowd
The Cherry Pie Bars for a crowd is one of the best desserts you can find on the internet. Not only due to its name, because at some point is not a typical Cherry Pie Bars recipe, but also because it can be served by more than 6 people easily. The sweet and sour taste of cherries is combined with a soft buttery crust which often has nuts or chocolate chips inside making a very delicious dessert that your guests will absolutely love and ask you for the recipe.
For the Bars :
- 2 cans (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the Glaze :
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a frying pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick spray.
- 2. Whisk the butter and sugar together for 1-2 minutes in a bowl.
- Add the salt, eggs, vanilla, and almond flavoring and keep stirring until completely combined.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until everything is well blended. Reserve ¾ cup of the dough.
- Stretch out the remaining dough and press it into the prepared baking tray.
- Fill up on the cherry pie. Put the remaining mixture in small pieces on top of the cherry filling
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown in the oven. Remove the pan from the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool entirely.
- Prepare the glaze: after it has cooled. Whisk confectioners’ sugar and milk together until smooth, then drizzle over bars.
- Serve cut into 35 squares.