Prepare cheesy baked asparagus for a delicious vegetarian side dish. Asparagus cooked in a thick layer of velvety cheese recipe for success!
- 2 lb. asparagus, stalks trimmed
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400°C.
- Place asparagus in a 9 x 13 x 9 baking dish, then pour over heavy cream and spread with garlic.
- Generously season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bake until cheese is golden and melted and asparagus is tender, about 25 to 30 minutes, then serve.