Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies
I’m excited to share this snowball cookie recipe with you. These super delicious cookies have always been a favorite in my family and I’ve been baking them since I was a kid. These are the best snowball cookies! How do I know? Maybe because they melt in your mouth, or maybe because they’re packed full of crushed pecans sprinkled over the top. Whichever – we love these cookies! There’s never any leftover when these are around.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Butter and powdered sugar are creamed together in a stand mixer. Mix in the salt, vanilla, flour, and pecans on low.
- Make one-inch balls out of the dough. Place a few inches of the mixture on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until gently browned. Don’t overcook.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool just long enough to handle.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, poured into a big Ziploc bag or a broad basin 3-4 cookies at a time should be added and rolled gently in the bottom of the bag. Scoop powdered sugar under each cookie with a fork and shake gently to remove excess.
- Place on wire racks to cool. Roll in the powdered sugar bag once more once it has cooled.