These biscuits are so named because they float in butter before baking. Perfect for breakfast or dinner.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Put the butter in an 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Stir in the butter and continue to cook it in the microwave for 20 seconds until the butter is completely melted.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then add the curd and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the melted butter and brush the melted butter over it. Use a scraper to cut the dough into 9 equal pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies begin to turn brown, 20 to 25 minutes.