The greatest piece of beef for slow cooking is beef short ribs! You’ll never have more delicate and luscious fall-apart beef in your life.
- 4 kilos beef short ribs, sliced
- 2 half of fresh pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced, 1/eight 1/eight circles
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onion or shallot
- 1 half of cups canned Italian plum tomatoes with juice
- 8 cloves
- half of cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper cayenne
- 3 cups beef broth
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the short ribs with pepper. In a large flame-resistant saucepan, heat olive oil with four or five ribs at a time, grilling until properly browned on all sides. Because it turns brown, dry it on paper towels.
- Return half of the rib to the plate and sprinkle half of the garlic. Then layer the tomato halves, carrots, and onions on top of the steak. Garnished with four cloves of parsley. Repeat the process for the second layer.
- Combine vinegar, tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour over steak and vegetables, then cover with beef broth.
- Leave the dish to boil on the stove top temperature. Wait for it to boil before putting it in the oven to bake for about an hour and a half.
- Then remove the casserole lid and continue baking for another hour and a half, or until the meat is very tender. Taste and adjust the sauce, then serve immediately over mashed potatoes or polenta and chopped parsley or shallots as a garnish.
Don’t forget to serve with a side of delicious rich sauce!