There is a perception about green tea that it tastes bad or that the sick or elderly only drink it. However, the fact of the matter is that it is one of the most underrated drinks available on the market.
There are several reasons why you want to start sipping this green gold every day.
When the beverage you choose is packed with antioxidants one thing. what if it contains catechins that boost cellular health, improve energy, and even help you lose weight. And contains polyphenols that can slow down the aging process.
You want to drink it, right? This is how great green tea is.
This is not the only reason to drink green tea. The combination of caffeine and L-Theanine, a compound found in green tea, helps make you smarter. L-Theanine increases the neurotransmitter activity of the GABA inhibitor, which has anti-anxiety effects. It also increases dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain associated with creativity.
Caffeine is also considered a mild stimulant that can improve memory and energy levels in the body.
As if that wasn’t enough to convince you to drink green tea every day, this substance also increases fat metabolism in the body by up to 17%.
That’s right, less time on the treadmill, more time to read your favorite book while sipping a cup of tea, and you can still enjoy a smaller pair of pants. We’re sure diet sodas can’t do anything like that.
Green tea isn’t just for the elderly or the sick. So everyone should drink green tea.
Giving up health to be great is not a great idea, you have to be healthy to stay calm.
Green tea leaves are taken from the plant known as Cammelia sinesis. These can be used fresh or dried and are steeped in hot water to make a herbal tea.
You can also purchase a concentrated form of green tea that is called Matcha Tea. This tea is grown differently and contains a higher amount of chlorophyll. This is the green pigment found in plants that help detoxify the liver and remove harmful toxins from the body.
That’s why green tea is now a popular health beverage around the world, let’s look at some of its health benefits.
Here are now nine incredible benefits of green tea:
1. Help burn fat: This is beneficial for those trying to lose fat and weight. It helps increase energy so that you can exercise for longer and achieve better results.
2. Get healthy skin: it is great for keeping your skin young while adding a glow. Some research indicates that green tea works as an anti-aging agent.
3. Healthy Hair: The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea improve the growth of hair
4. It strengthens the immune system: it contains antioxidants along with polyphenols and flavonoids that help in strengthening the immune system in the human body, thus helping you fight infections.
5. Boosts Resistance: it helps keep you safe from cold and flu by providing vitamin C, which helps boost resistance.
6. Lowers cholesterol levels: Is helps reduce cholesterol levels in the blood and increases the amount of good cholesterol.
7. Relieves Stress&Anxiety: Green tea has amino acids, which help relieve stress as well as anxiety. It is the perfect drink to calm a troubled mind!
8. Controls blood pressure levels: Green tea can help keep blood pressure low by reducing angiotensin, which leads to high blood pressure.
9. Reduces scars and rashes: it helps reduce rashes and scars that have formed due to acne or skin infection by combating dermatitis.
- The journal of clinical & aesthetic dermatology, international journal of endocrinology & metabolism, Chinese medicine, Journal of Indian society of periodontology in US national, National Institute of health.
- university of Maryland Medical Center.
- Penn Foster student community.
- Medline Plus, National Library of Medicine.