It’s hard to believe that something so delicious and rich could be made with just a few ingredients. These bars are insanely moist, and the brown butter frosting is something that you will dream about days after the bars disappear from your serving platter.
- 1 3/4 (3 or 4) ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Brown Butter Frosting Recipe:
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 375F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch bread roll and sprinkle with flour. For bars, put sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs in a large bowl and mix until creamy. Mix banana and vanilla essence. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute. Add walnuts and stir.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- On the other hand, for frosting, heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium to high heat until it boils. Burn the butter until tender and immediately remove it from the heat.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla essence, and milk. Stir until smooth (must be thicker than icing and thinner than icing). Use a spatula to spread the brown butter frosting on a warm bar (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bar is still warm).