I’m one of those people who like to eat the same thing, day in and day out but at times a just need a change (or maybe it’s just me). I mean, I love salads! But sometimes I was getting tired of making the same old lettuce and tomato salad. One day as I was trolling blogs for new recipe ideas, I stumbled upon this gem: A 7 Layer Salad. And let me tell you, this isn’t your normal boring 7 Layer Salad – it’s actually a 7 layer CAESAR salad! Yes, it’s a spinoff from the 7 layer dip that everyone is crazy about these days! Have you tried this yet? It is sooo tasty!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and torn into pieces
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 12 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 6 to 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- parsley for garnish optional
- Layer the salad in a trifle basin in the order of the items mentioned, beginning with the chopped lettuce.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a separate mixing dish and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the salad dressing evenly over the top of the salad.
- Refrigerate the salad for 2 hours or overnight if needed.
- If preferred, top with more cheese, bacon, peas, or freshly chopped parsley just before serving.