- waffle iron
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, sugar, leaven, bicarbonate of soda, and salt together during a bowl until evenly combined.
- Whisk buttermilk and butter together during a separate bowl; add eggs.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined and batter is slightly lumpy; add vanilla.
- Preheat a waffle iron consistent with manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour enough batter into the preheated waffle iron to succeed in 1/2 inch from the edge. Cook consistent with manufacturer's instructions.