Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
The Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is a low-carb version of a popular family recipe. It is easy to make and is made from simple ingredients that are readily available in most homes. It can be prepared ahead of time and the 10-minute baking time gives you plenty of time to get those other things on your list done. There will be no leftovers because everyone just loves this entree! I love how it turns out, and I know you will too!
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ounces grated cheddar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until crunchy.
- After we remove the bacon from the skillet, set it aside. Drain the grease from the skillet.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until it turns brown and breaks down as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet with the meat and cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add cream cheese, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt to skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until combined.
- Spread the meat mixture in a greased baking dish. Put the cooked bacon on top.
- Beat eggs and heavy cream in a medium bowl until combined. Then add pepper and hot sauce.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef and bacon, then top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until firm and golden. And sprinkle with dill before serving.