Loaded Steak Quesadillas
I love to be in my kitchen and try new recipes from around the world. My favorite recipe is the delicious loaded steak quesadilla. You can prepare them for lunch or dinner, or even for a party
Looking for a great quesadilla steak recipe to satisfy your cravings for a while because you’ll start craving more? If you are not looking for more. You are in the right place.
For the steak :
- 3/4 – 1 lbs sirloin steak
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the quesadillas :
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup canned fire-roasted corn
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- Limes wedges and fresh minced cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Then prepare a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- Combine all of the spices and salt for the steak in a small bowl. Coat the steak in the spice mixture.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sear the steak
for 3 minutes on each side. In the oven, the steak will cook more, so make sure it’s just a sear! Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes while quesadillas are being prepared.
- Place 2 tortillas on the prepared baking sheet and top with 1/2 cup of cheese each.
- Tomatoes, corn, black beans, and avocado go on top.
- Against the grain, thinly slice the meat. Place slices on top of the tortillas that have been loaded.
- Cover with remaining tortillas and sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over both quesadillas.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas have warmed up.
- Remove from the oven and cut into desired shapes. Serve with lime wedges, a dollop of sour cream, and your favorite salsa and guacamole on the side!