Best-Ever Chicken Salad
This Best-Ever Chicken Salad is really wonderful. Perfect for incredible chicken salad sandwiches (croissants are great!), or on top of a lovely bed of green. Either way, you’re going to love this Best-Ever Chicken Salad!
- 4 lbs chicken parts
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of celery finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup almonds thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper after rubbing the olive oil all over them.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165°F on the inside.
- After removing the chicken from the oven, set it aside to cool. Remove the skin before pulling the flesh off the bones and chopping it coarsely.
- Combine the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dill, and parsley in a large mixing basin.
- Combine the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small-medium mixing bowl.
- Gently whisk the mayo/mustard mixture into the chicken mixture until fully combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour after wrapping in plastic wrap.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes and avocado on a bed of greens. Serve on a slice of toast with a side of green leaf lettuce. To taste, add extra toppings.