Get creative and make your homemade pepperoni pizza extra delicious using an easy dough recipe and simple homemade sauce.
Contadina(R) Quick Pizza Sauce:
- ½ (12 ounce) can CONTADINA® Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Fleischmann’s® Easy Pizza Crust:
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes FLEISCHMANN’S® Pizza Crust Yeast or RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ⅓ cups very warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package HORMEL® Pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more to taste
- To make the sauce Combine all sauce ingredients with 1/2 cup water in a medium bowl; Set aside for flavors to develop while.
- For the crusts Combine 2 cups of flour with dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil and mix until well combined (about 1 minute). Slowly add enough of the remaining flour until a soft, sticky ball of dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 4 minutes on a floured surface until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add more flour if needed. (If using RapidRise® Yeast, let dough rest, covered, for 10 minutes.)
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each half (with floured hands) into a greased 12-inch pizza pan or roll dough to fit pans.
- For pizza Preheat oven to 425°F over crust with sauce, pepperoni, and cheese.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until crusts turn brown and cheese is bubbling. For best results, rotate the pizza trays between the upper and lower oven racks halfway through the baking process.