Dahi wale Baingan is a delicious, refreshing, and easy eggplant recipe that is made with some spices available in your kitchen and can be assembled in 20-30 minutes.
This Dahi wale baingan is a very easy recipe for eggplant. All you do is fry the eggplant in oil or you can do it in the oven too and then prepare a simple thick masala or broth of 6-7 essential spices.
Later, you just need to assemble it. One can even add potato slices to this and swap it out with eggplant.
- 1 Big Eggplant cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (One can use any type of eggplant)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cups of thick Yogurt
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Chopped Coriander for garnish.
- In a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the eggplant slices over medium heat on both sides until soft.
- This will take about 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a skillet.
- Once it is medium hot, add all the masala and continue to stir the mixture. We don’t want to burn the masala.
- Add water little by little and let the masala cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is deep-fried, set it aside and let the masala cool down a bit, then assemble it in a wide dish, first putting it in about 1 teaspoon of the masala.
- Then arrange a layer of eggplant.
- Spread another teaspoon of masala over the eggplant layer.
- Then add the yogurt to the face (leaving about 1 tablespoon)
- Repeat the above steps again i.e. add some masala, eggplant, and again some masala.
- Cover it with the remaining milk.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.