Creamy Beef and Shells
I absolutely love a quick and easy recipe that is full of flavor. This Creamy Beef and Shells was a huge hit at our house! The tender beef and the cheese on top were just perfectly melted over the shells. You know I am all about easy recipes. Sometimes we are just looking for an easy weekday meal that is still comforting while we are whipping up a dessert to serve guests later in the evening. So this super-fast dish is perfect for that!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook pasta shells according to package instructions until tender. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute ground beef, red pepper, and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is tender.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Then add butter with olive oil and sea salt until dissolved, then whisk in the flour for a minute until flour is absorbed.
- Gradually add the meat broth until the mixture becomes slightly thinner. Add the cheddar cheese and sour cream until combined, then stir in the pasta. Garnish with parsley and enjoy.