Crab Fettuccine Alfredo
Crab Fettuccine Alfredo is a delectable supper that comes together quickly. Fettuccine topped with a creamy Alfredo sauce cooked from scratch and stuffed with lump crab–a truly exceptional supper that can be made every night of the holidays.
Every Saturday night, my husband likes to eat Crab Fettuccine Alfredo dish because it is very delicious.
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black or white pepper
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente, as directed on the package.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over low to medium heat, then whisk in the flour until completely combined. Cook for 30-60 seconds with the flour and butter, then gradually add the milk. Pour in a tiny bit of milk at a time, stirring thoroughly after each addition.
- Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and toss it into the sauce until it melts and is fully absorbed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in the crabmeat gently and keep the sauce warm on low heat until the crab is ready.
- Toss the cooked fettuccine with the sauce before serving, or serve the pasta with the sauce on top.