Are you looking for an easy ground beef casserole recipe? You’re going to love this Cowboy Casserole (Tater Tot casserole)! It’s just the right amount of yummy with the perfect combo of ingredients. Plus, it’s super-easy to prepare!
- Ground beef
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Diced onion
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Frozen tater tots
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Then, in a large skillet, combine the ground beef and onion dice.
- Cook until the steak is no longer pink and the onions are translucent and tender.
- When the beef is done, strain it through a sieve to remove the fat.
- Return the meat to the skillet and add the corn (drained), cheese, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- After you’ve put everything into the skillet, mix it all together until everything is completely blended.
- Then, evenly distribute the meat and corn mixture in the 9×13 baking pan.
- Remove the frozen tater tots from the freezer and lay them on top of the meat mixture.
Try to keep the tater tots in one layer as much as possible so that everything bakes evenly.
- Then, once the tater tots are completely covered, add the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Now that the cowboy casserole is assembled, bake the 9×13 pan uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Check the tater tots to see if they’re cooked all the way through.