A favorite of the kids, Rice With Milk is a must on weekends.
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- One 4-inch cinnamon stick
- One 12-ounce can evaporate milk
- One 14-ounce can of condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup golden (or regular) raisins
- Place the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a heavy, medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and prepare till rice is soft, about 18 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and get rid of the cinnamon and hold the rice.
- Return the rice to the pot. Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and entire milk.
- Continue cooking over medium warmth till the combination boils. Reduce warmness to low and cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, till combination thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Add raisins and stir well. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the floor of the pudding with floor cinnamon and serve.